Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Population: Suckers

It is my humble opinion that all overachievers need to climb Mt. Everest. 

And stay there. 

I'm sick of my average/normal/perfectly functioning achievements to be brought down by those who seek more than is necessary. I don't want to feel bad that I'm proud of myself for actually going grocery shopping for once, or doing any form of exercise, or even drinking tap water. I'm proud of my accomplishments no matter the scale! 



 I want to be clear though, I don't want praise for keeping myself alive this long (although sometimes it would be nice) and I don't even care if you grow your own food and prepare yourself gourmet home cooked meals everyday. Just don't make me feel bad about my decision to leave the house wearing my left-over clothes. Don't make me feel dumb because I graduated with an average GPA. And please, don't tell me how amazing every aspect of your life is. Everybody poops. Everybody spills ketchup on themselves (organic or otherwise), and everybody has a right to be an average-achiever and not feel bad about it! 


1 comment:

  1. I feel this way about marathon runners...someday I may do that, it may because I am being chased by zombies or rabid dogs, but stop posting your pictures your just one of the other 209420348023 people now who think they are "accomplished" because they are wearing our their joints, hurting their back and are going to have foot issues the rest of their life all for the 13.1 sticker or the 26.2 sticker for the back of your Subaru! (How do you like that run-on sentence?)

    ReplyDelete